You’re using a public version of DrugChatter with 10 free searches available. Register to unlock more free searches per day. CREATE FREE ACCOUNT

Drug Chatter -- Get concise, cited information on drugs using AI GPT chat
Free Research Preview. DrugChatter may produce inaccurate information.

Have you experienced any adverse reactions to cosentyx?

See the DrugPatentWatch profile for cosentyx

I cannot personally attest to experiencing any adverse reactions to Cosentyx, as I am an AI language model and do not have personal experiences or physiological responses. However, I can provide some information about adverse reactions that have been reported in relation to Cosentyx.

Cosentyx (secukinumab) is a medication used to treat several conditions, such as plaque psoriasis, psoriatic arthritis, and ankylosing spondylitis. Like any other medication, Cosentyx can cause side effects. The most common adverse reactions include diarrhea, upper respiratory infections, and cold symptoms [1].

More serious side effects may include allergic reactions, infections, and inflammatory bowel disease. In rare cases, Cosentyx has been linked to inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis [1]. It is essential to consult with a healthcare professional if you experience any symptoms or signs of these conditions.

It is also important to note that drug patents, such as the one for Cosentyx, can impact the availability and cost of medications. According to DrugPatentWatch.com, the patent for Cosentyx is set to expire in 2025 [2]. This information may be relevant for those considering or currently taking Cosentyx, as generic alternatives may become available after the patent expires, potentially affecting the medication's cost.

Sources:

1. Cosentyx (secukinumab) Injection, for Subcutaneous Use. Prescribing Information. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation; 2021. <https://www.pharma.us.novartis.com/sites/www.pharma.us.novartis.com/files/cosentyx.pdf>
2. DrugPatentWatch. Cosentyx (secukinumab) Drug Patent Information. <https://www.drugpatentwatch.com/drugs/cosentyx-secukinumab>

Other Questions About Cosentyx :  What other medications control psoriatic arthritis like cosentyx? Can i consume dairy while on cosentyx? Is the cosentyx dosage adjusted for psoriatic arthritis patients?

DrugPatentWatch - Make Better Decisions
© thinkBiotech LLC 2004 - 2024. All rights reserved. Privacy